Exams and Grading Guidelines
The following guidelines have been appoved:
- Teacher will give a cumulative final exam at the end of each
semester. The exam will count 15% of the semester grade. Note: In a
year-long course the final grade is determined by the two semesters
averaged together. In a semester course, the semester grade is the
- Teachers must provide each student with a "study guide or exam
outline" in preparation for the final exam.
- Teachers must include the grading scale in their course syllabi
for both students and parents to read.
- Teachers must include a combination of both major and daily
grades for students' assessment. There should be a minimum of 6
major grades and 10 daily grades per nine-week grading period. This
will constitute the minimum standards, but teachers can, and should
go beyond these requirements.
- All assignments and extra credit work should directly relate to
the class subject and/or academics. Students should not receive
extra credit for attending an activity, etc.